ASA’s Generations Forums are virtual, interactive, multiday deep dives into topics important to our members and society. Held three times per year, Forums offer the ability to learn, network and take action through a series of curated live and on-demand events over the course of one week. Now the idea-generation and network-building that occur organically at our annual conferences will continue throughout the year, at Generations Forums.
- Listening to industry experts lay out a call to action;
- Brainstorming solutions with colleagues working in and outside of the field of aging;
- Joining targeted advocacy and policy campaigns;
- Engaging on social media;
- Getting inspired and ready to take action in your work.
We hope you’ll join us and bring your ideas and energy to ASA Generations Forums!
The evidence is clear—our aging experience is shaped dramatically by experiences throughout our lives, and vast inequities exist in access to education, jobs, housing, healthcare, social networks and more. These inequities lead to disparities in health and quality of life, often compounded across generations. The driving institutional, systemic and interpersonal causes of inequities are complex and intertwined, but we all can take steps toward a more inclusive, equitable aging society. Join ASA for our second Generations Forum on Advancing Equity in Aging.
What should you expect from Advancing Equity in Aging?
- To hear how different organizations are addressing systemic racism and discrimination
- To learn from advocates about better and best practices for providing inclusive and accessible care, support and services
- To consider human resource strategies around diversity, equity and inclusion that you might adopt in your organization
- To meet and talk with others committed to advancing equity
Join us for live programs each day from 9:30 - 10:30 am PT/12:30 - 1:30 pm ET and access on-demand content throughout the week.
Monday, July 12 Acknowledging and Breaking Down Barriers to Equity in Aging
Tuesday, July 13 Supporting Aging Trans and Non-Binary People
Wednesday, July 14 Strategies for Equitable and Inclusive Human Resource and Operational Practices
Thursday, July 15 Improving Inclusivity through Data and Accessibility Innovations
Friday, July 16 DEI in Aging Policy: Where are We?
Speakers and a full agenda to be announced in June!