ASA’s Generations Forums are virtual, interactive, multiday deep dives into topics important to our members and society. Held three times per year, Forums offer the ability to learn, network and take action through a series of curated live and on-demand events over the course of one week. Now the idea-generation and network-building that occur organically at our annual conferences will continue throughout the year, at Generations Forums.
- Listening to industry experts lay out a call to action;
- Brainstorming solutions with colleagues working in and outside of the field of aging;
- Joining targeted advocacy and policy campaigns;
- Engaging on social media;
- Getting inspired and ready to take action in your work.
We hope you’ll join us and bring your ideas and energy to ASA Generations Forums!
ASA Members can Purchase Access to the recorded sessions from this virtual, interactive deep dive into the digital divide featuring experts in tech and aging coming together to define and strategize solutions.
What should you expect from Tackling the Digital Divide?
- To gain insights on bringing the right and most useful technologies into your work;
- To work together to drive change around inequalities in tech;
- To learn about emerging technologies that are being developed now to serve and engage industry and older adults;
- To offer feedback in a co-design model to help tech address real, holistic needs and wants of older adults and the people who work with and serve them.
Executive Vice President and Chief Diversity Officer
Chief Digital Safety Officer
Senior Care Strategist
Country Manager & Business Developer
Senior Vice President
Senior Director of Communications
Chief Partnerships Officer
Co-Founder & VP Product, Sensi.Ai
Creator of TheGerontechnologist.com
Consumer Technology AssociationFoundation
Founder and Executive Director
MedCom International GmbH
CEO and Co-Founder
Aging and Health Technology Watch
Founder and Principal
Vice President of Public Policy
Computer & Communications Industry Association
Opening Plenary: Equity & the Digital Divide
Recorded Monday, December 7, 2020
The digital divide is deep. It exists between those with connectivity and those without, those who can afford, access and comfortably use devices and those who can’t, and along age, gender, color, socioeconomic and geographic lines. Join us to define the digital divide, hear from leaders who are working to build bridges across these divides and share what the digital divide means for you.
Age and Tech Connect Sessions
Recorded Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Do you have burning questions about the latest devices, how to build new or stronger partnerships, or what we can do to get more people connected? Or, are you a start-up or UX/UI designer who wants to build better, more human-centered technology? Submit your questions and join an interactive conversation on Tuesday to learn from one another.
* While these sessions have been designed with tech or aging professionals in mind, all registrants are invited and welcome to attend either or both sessions.
Recorded Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Get smart on legislation and policies that affect how we connect, through ASA’s on-demand Policy Briefing.
Tackling the Digital Divide Across the Globe
Recorded Thursday, December 10, 2020
Learn about global trends in policy, co-design, innovation, support and access as ASA convenes a group of international thought leaders in technology and aging.
Friday – Toward a Bridged Divide
Recorded Friday, December 11, 2020
Close out a week of learning and connecting to imagine the possibilities of a “bridged digital divide,” and commit to taking steps toward this vision.