On Aging 2022 attendees who volunteer for one day at the conference will receive a registration fee waiver of up to 50% off the full amount of a conference registration. This includes access to the entire conference. The On Aging 2022 conference is a great opportunity to expand your network of colleagues working to improve the quality of life for older adults.
Who can volunteer?
ASA invites any student or retired professional member to volunteer at our On Aging 2022 conference. If you are not a member yet, we offer discounted membership for you for just $100. Click here to join before you apply to be a volunteer.
When should I apply to be a volunteer?
Now! Volunteers are accepted on a first come-first serve basis.
How can I sign up to be a volunteer?
Click here to submit your volunteer application. Once accepted, you will be notified so you can register for On Aging 2022 at the discounted rate.
As a thank-you for volunteering for one day, ASA offers 50% off of your registration to attend On Aging 2022. Apply by February 29 to will receive 50% off our standard rate, and after February 28, you will receive 50% off our late registration rates (however, we cannot guarantee that we will still be accepting volunteers at that point).
When you complete the application, you can select your requested days and times for your volunteer hours. Please note that the cost of membership is separate from the cost of conference attendance, though they may be purchased together. There are many benefits of membership, including year-round programming and networking opportunities.
Paying for ASA membership all at once can be really difficult. We offer all members the ability to pay for their membership on a monthly basis. This can be done online at the time of purchase and costs as little as $8.33 per month for students and retired professionals. For assistance, email email@example.com. To access the monthly payment option, you must purchase the membership first and separate from your conference registration.
What do volunteers do at On Aging 2022?
Below are our possible volunteer options.
Room Monitor | Work with ASA Staff to ensure faculty needs are met and that rooms have been refreshed, ensure attendees have valid badges, take room counts, complete provided session evaluations, assist with General Sessions.
- Monday April 11 8:00 AM–4:00 PM;
- Tuesday, April 12 10:00 AM–6:00 PM;
- Wednesday, April 13 10:00 AM–6:00 PM;
- Thursday, April 14 8:00 AM–1:00 PM
Registration Support | You are computer savvy and can be easily trained to help check in people at the registration desk. When the registration desk is less busy, you will be restocking bags, keeping printers stocked and refreshing badge holder supplies for each registration station. Heavy lifting might be required!
- Sunday, April 10 1:30-7:00 PM
- Monday April 11 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 12 7:00 AM-5:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 13 7:00 AM- 5:00 PM
- Thursday, April 14 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Resource Center & Exhibit Hall Greeter | Welcome and direct attendees and exhibitors providing support to both within the Resource Hall & Exhibit Hall. This job involves walking, long periods of standing, and answering questions.
- Monday April 11 5:00-8:00 PM
- Tuesday, April 12 10:00 AM-7:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 13 10:00 AM- 7:00 PM
- Thursday, April 14 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Conference Guides and Greeters | Welcome and direct attendees to conference event locations. This job involves walking, long periods of standing, and answering questions.
- 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM on all days of the conference.
Questions? Contact Patricia Morazan, 415-974-9606.
Does ASA cover travel expenses for Volunteers?
Unfortunately, ASA cannot cover your travel expenses. Volunteers must pay for their own travel expenses.
If I sign up to volunteer and then cancel, can I get a refund?
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
In lieu of a refund, substitutions are allowed for a $50 processing fee.
Written requests for refunds must be sent to the ASA Customer Service Department by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For cancellation requests received:
Before December 22, 2021: You will receive 75% refund of your conference registration fee.
- December 23, 2021–February 17, 2022: You will receive 50% refund of your conference registration fee.
- After February 17, 2022: No refunds will be issued. If you receive a COVID-19 diagnosis within 2 weeks of the event or are exhibiting related symptoms, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we can work directly with you.
- The conference registration fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellation of the meeting due to circumstances beyond the control of ASA.
- Payments for optional events within the conference, if any are required, are non-refundable.