We invite you to the largest multidisciplinary conference on aging in the United States.
Two weeks of thoughtful, dynamic content you have come to rely upon from ASA, along with fun and important opportunities to network, all from the comfort and safety of your home or office!
ASA’s annual conference has always been an opportunity to connect and share ideas and resources. That is more true this year than ever before.
Click the button below to launch On Aging 2021 to start exploring the full conference agenda. If you are registered for the conference, you will be able to add sessions to your schedule and connect with other attendees and presenters. If you are not registered, you can register now by clicking here.
Co-founder of HFC, actor, writer, producer, director
Lauren Miller Rogen
Co-Founder of HFC, screenwriter, director, producer
Founder & CEO of AgeWave, gerontologist, author, educator
Director of Caring Across Generations
Director of the Center for Policy Research on Aging at the Luskin School of Public Affairs at the UCLA
Former Assistant Secretary for Aging, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
150+ Sessions in 5 Tracks:
Justice & Equity
Health & Well-being
Innovation & Social Impact
Ageism & Culture
And a special focus on COVID-19
2 Days of Constituent Group workshops covering topics such as:
Healthcare & Aging
Diversity & Equity
Cost: $290 for ASA members
Not a member of ASA? Join and register simultaneously for $540
Please note: If you registered for ASA's 2020 Aging in America Conference, you will automatically receive a 25% discount on your On Aging 2021 registration at checkout.
- CHES®/MCHES®—Certified Health Education Specialists (Provider #100722).
- NACCM—The National Academy of Certified Care Managers (Provider #1052)
- NASW—National Association of Social Workers (Provider ID 886341639)
- NCCDP/ICCDP—National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners/International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
- SCSA—Society of Certified Senior Advisors
State licensure boards have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses.
Please check with your state licensure board before filling out a CEU application if you have questions about whether it accepts continuing education units from the providers listed above.
Only the individual registered for the conference will receive CEUs.
Attendess will request all CEUs directly through the conference platform.
ASA will offer a full slate of sessions to give attendees a range of experiences, including small group discussions, highlighted sessions and plenary events. Participants will be able to attend fun networking programs and partake in conference experiences that encourage everyone to think differently, brainstorm together and create new opportunities in aging. We will use a virtual conference platform to support these efforts.
Complete information on how to participate in the virtual conference will be sent to each registrant, and made available on our website a few weeks prior to the conference.
Written requests for refunds must be sent to the ASA Customer Service Department via email to email@example.com. For cancellation requests received:
- Before December 31, 2020: You will receive a 75% refund of your conference registration fee.
- January 1, 2021–February 28, 2021: You will receive a 50% refund of your conference registration fee.
- After March 1, 2021: No refunds will be issued for any reason.
- The conference registration fee is non-refundable in the event of cancellation of the meeting due to circumstances beyond the control of ASA.
- Payments for optional events are non-refundable.
(In lieu of a refund, substitutions are allowed for a $50 processing fee.)
The Call for Proposals to On Aging 2021 is now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted! Notifications of acceptance have been sent out.
We encourage students who are ASA members to apply to volunteer at On Aging 2021. As a thank you for moderating workshops for one day, ASA offers complimentary registration to attend On Aging 2021. Apply here by March 10.
Unfortunately, our early bird discounted rate is no longer available. However, we offer free registration for volunteering with us. Click here to apply to volunteer.
Conference sponsors encourage expanded coverage of issues in aging. Working members of the press such as reporters, editors, publishers, electronic media producers, columnists, bloggers and others who reach general or specialized audiences on a regular basis with news or analysis may request a media access pass by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the following information carefully to ensure that you submit credential requirements accurately. This will assist us in processing your registration request in a timely manner.
Those requesting a media pass may be asked to confirm their status with information as listed on the outlet’s masthead or by sending links to published articles. Freelancers also may be asked to provide at least two links to published pieces issued in the previous year.
Or freelancers may provide an assignment letter or email from a media organization with the editor/producer’s contact information (telephone and email address) for verification.
News and information outlets must contain original news content above and beyond links, forums, troubleshooting tips and reader/viewer contributions. Applicants for a press registration must provide:
- An editorial title that is verifiable, or proof of an editorial assignment to cover the conference.
- A hard copy or link to a recent bylined article or audio/video story credited to you.
Online media must meet the following criteria:
- A website must post or update original aging-related news at least once a month.
- Website or e-news content must extend beyond links, forums, personal diaries, opinion, personal analysis or information about the publishing organization’s activities and programs.
- A blog must reflect current aging-related news that is posted on a daily or weekly basis.
- Provide a letter (on letterhead) from a publisher, editor or executive-level producer indicating that you are covering ASA’s On Aging 2021 conference for the outlet.
- Email assignments will be considered if they include the assigning editor/producer’s email address and a link to the media outlet’s website.
- Freelancers without advance assignments will be considered on an individual basis, but should provide evidence of journalistic work previously produced or published in a subject area related to concerns in aging.
Please note: Conference presenters, marketing, advertising and public relations professionals, and academic or other non-journalistic book authors are not eligible for media badges, even if associated with a news organization.
ASA does not pay speaker fees for our On Aging 2021 conference. We are extremely grateful that all of our speakers donate their time to help us create a dynamic and exciting agenda for our attendees.
This year has seen unprecedented unemployment in all sectors, and ASA recognizes that. In fact, we lowered the cost of the conference this year by approximately $100 over past years, to keep costs as low as possible because so many people are facing unforeseen financial hardships. Unfortunately, we cannot offer further discounts.
Additionally, we offer volunteer opportunities. Volunteers for the conference receive free attendance, but membership is required.
The cost of membership is separate from the cost of conference attendance, though they can be purchased together. There are many benefits of membership, including year-round programming and networking opportunities. And this year we created a networking program specifically for unemployed and underemployed members as part of ASA’s Collaboratives Communities.
Paying for ASA membership all at once, especially for someone who is unemployed or underemployed can be really difficult. We offer all members the ability to pay for their membership on a monthly basis. This can be done online at the time of purchase. For assistance, email email@example.com. To access the monthly payment option, you must purchase the membership first and separate from your conference registration.